Looking for your next race? You’re in luck, as most races are returning to live, in-person events. Here’s a list of nine races you NEED to run. Some are scenic, some are challenging, and some just have really cool swag!
Keep reading for our suggestions of races to put on your running bucket list…and if it is a race that’s on the RunBetter App, you can train it right from the treadmill!
- Big Sur Marathon. Cross your fingers that Big Sur comes back in 2022, because it’s a gorgeous race. Mountains, the ocean, a scenic bridge…you’ll run the “ragged edge of the Western world” when you sign up for this one. (Available on the RunBetter App.)
- Hamptons Marathon. Participants note that this is one race with great swag. In previous years, registrants received items like tote bags and cozy fleece blankets.
- Grandma’s Marathon. This fairly flat course (just one significant hill) takes you along Lake Superior and is lined with people cheering you on. (Available on the RunBetter App.)
- Star Wars Half Marathon. Who doesn’t love Star Wars? Put on by Disney, this half is a race where you’ll definitely see Storm Troopers and Jedi Knights racing to the finish line. Come in costume or just come to see the costumes!
- Maah Daah Hey Trail Race. Up for a real challenge? Run one of several distance options leading up to 106 miles in the Badlands. (Available on the RunBetter App.)
- New York City Marathon. Obviously! Notoriously difficult to get into, you’ll have an easier time if you run for a charity team, of which there are many. Everyone should do this iconic race at least once in their lifetime. (Available on the RunBetter App.)
- Mad Marathon. Take in the views of Vermont, including the covered bridge you run through on the course. This race has been coined “the world’s most beautiful marathon.” (Available on the RunBetter App.)
- Anything is Possible 5K. November 7, 2021 is the FINAL running of the Anything is Possible 5K, so don’t miss this unique Georgia race. It starts at 1:50 AM on the night that Daylight Savings occurs, so you actually get to finish before you start! What other race lets you travel through time?
- Army Ten-Miler. See the sights like the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol Building, and more as you run this fast course. At the finish line, you’ll get a cool finisher’s coin instead of the traditional race medal. (Available on the RunBetter App.)